How to remove DriverScanner (Virus Removal Guide)
DriverScanner by Uniblue Systems Ltd is a program with a bad online reputation. It is widely reported by security analysts and software vendors as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that employs deceptive marketing tactics in order to infiltrate computer system with out user knowledge and create customers. The program is promoted as a free Microsoft Windows driver updater and optimization tool; However, the program is not actually free to use.
DriverScanner is essentially a free trial. This may not be apparent if manually downloading and installing this program. Once a scan is complete this program will state that the computer has outdated drivers that may be “ancient.” The product will claim that leaving outdated drivers on your system may threaten your hardware and PC’s stability and result in slow performance. However, it should be noted that Windows operating systems and most computers actually automatically update or notify users to update drivers if needed unless manually changed.
Furthermore, this program is often referred to as the DriverScanner virus, although this program is not defined as a computer virus. This is partly because this program is known to infiltrate a computer system without user knowledge, usually alongside other unwanted programs and potential threats.
What is DriverScanner?
Publisher Description: Built with simplicity in mind, DriverScanner scans your computer to provide a list of drivers that need to be updated. With single-click convenience, DriverScanner will then search and download the latest updates and safely install them on your PC.
How to remove DriverScanner
- Step 1: Uninstall DriverScanner from Windows
- Step 2: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 3: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Uninstall DriverScanner from Windows
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for DriverScanner in the list of program. Once the unwanted program is located, double click the program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 2: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing malware and potentially unwanted programs. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Open the Anti-Malware program after the program is installed.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to install updates if prompted to do so.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 3: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall DriverScanner using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.