DRIVERfighter by SPAMfighter is a program that may cause issues for computer users. It is widely detected by most internet security products as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that employs deceptive marketing tactics to create customers. It is promoted as a free Microsoft Windows cleaner and optimizer that can repair and update drivers; However, the program is not free to use and Windows drivers are essentially free to update and automatically do so.
What is DRIVERfighter?
Publisher Description: A PC driver is taking care of interaction and communication with any hardware devices present in a PC. Each computer function requires at least one driver. A PC not having updated drivers and using outdated drivers can have hardware malfunctions, being prone to instability and reduced performance. DRIVERfighter has the best driver detection in the market. So if your PC needs an update of existing drivers, DRIVERfighter will detect it flawlessly and quickly. DRIVERfighter always makes sure that you get the correct and safe driver.
How to remove DRIVERfighter
- Step 1: Uninstall DRIVERfighter from Windows
- Step 2: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 3: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Uninstall DRIVERfighter from Windows
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for DRIVERfighter. Once the program is located, double click the program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 2: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing malware and potentially unwanted programs. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Open the Anti-Malware program after the program is installed.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to install updates if prompted to do so.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 3: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall DRIVERfighter using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.