DriverDoc by Solvusoft is detected by Antivirus and Antimalware programs as malware, riskware, a Trojan, adware, and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). According to Google’s virustotal.com website DriverDoc has a detection ration of 12/60 which is considered to be extremely high. The recommended removal tool Malwarebytes will detect this program and other programs by the same publisher as PUP.Optional.Solvusoft.
The analysis of this program is available for free to the public by Google’s virustotal.com website. The website will include the results of current Antivirus and Antimalware programs that detect DriverDoc during a scan.
|ZoneAlarm by Check Point||not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.SystemTweaker.lt||20170417|
DriverDoc is advertised as a Microsoft Windows driver updater tool that solves and prevents driver-related system crashes, freezes, and errors. The publisher claims that the program can fix hardware that’s not working and keep your PC or laptop computer running at peak performance.
The program is offered as a free trial for download and a 1-year subscription for $39.95 USD. It can be downloaded from the publisher’s website and found on other locations on the web. One website we saw that was promoting DriverDoc used deceptive and dishonest “malware removal guides” to trick victims into downloading the program.
This program is a proven threat and it should be removed from your computer. Other programs by the same publisher also have bad online reputations and are known to be harmful. Internet browsers such as Google Chrome might restrict the program from downloading onto your computer because they say that it can harm your computer.
Remove DriverDoc with Malwarebytes
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
Remove DriverDoc with HitmanPro
- Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
- Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
- Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
- On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
- Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
- Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
Clean up and fix issues with CCleaner
- Open your browser window and download CCleaner Professional or CCleaner Free.
- Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
- Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
- Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
- Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
- When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
- Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
- When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
- Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
- Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.