How to remove Dotdo (Virus Removal Steps)
Dotdo virus is a term frequently used to identify a program that is detected as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware by reputable security software. Dotdo adware is primarily used to infiltrate a PC without user knowledge, harvest user browsing data, and inject the webpages you visit with deceptive and intrusive advertisements. Ads by Dotdo arrive in different styles including generic banner and skyscrapers, in-text ads, pop-up ads, and pop-under ads that take up an entire browser window. Ads by Dotdo are also served across multiple internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Dotdo if you find this unwanted program installed onto your computer system or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension.
[fancy_box title=”Dotdo overview”]
- The Dotdo extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The Dotdo extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- Dotdo bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Dotdo is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Dotdo injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Dotdo makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Dotdo (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Dotdo with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Dotdo
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Dotdo with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Dotdo” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Dotdo we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Dotdo.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Dotdo
How to uninstall Dotdo
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Dotdo in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Dotdo to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Dotdo in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Dotdo below.[/note]
How to remove Dotdo add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Dotdo extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Dotdo add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Dotdo extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Dotdo in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Dotdo below.[/note]
Tips to remove Dotdo
- If you do not find Dotdo in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Dotdo you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411