Doctor PC (also known as DoctorPC by doctorpclab.com, Doctor PC virus, DrPC) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) primarily located in the scareware category of computer threats that utilizes extremely aggressive marketing tactics in order to infiltrate a computer system and acquire customers by performing possibly misleading computer scans.
Doctor PC is promoted as a free Windows Optimizer, but is found to be non-beneficial and possibly misleading. Alike other similar programs, Doctor PC is promoted as a trial or free product that will only perform free computer scans. Users must purchase and register Doctor PC in order to actually use the program. Scan results suggested by Doctor PC are also seen as misleading or possibly dishonest.
Doctor PC scan will always result with numerous issues. The program will claim that the system registry health is in danger and in order for your computer to perform better the program is necessary. This is not entirely true, this is seen as a marketing technique designed to create customers based off misleading and frightening information that may scare the typical computer user.
Doctor PC often bundles during the setup and uninstall process of third-party freeware programs and other potentially unwanted programs. In many cases users have complained that they were unaware possible Doctor PC malware had installed onto their computers.
How to remove Doctor PC
This Doctor PC removal guide will help you completely remove the Doctor PC virus, potentially unwanted programs, and additional malware that Doctor PC may bundle with. If you need assistance removing this infection please call our toll free number at 1-888-879-0084.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall Doctor PC
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing Doctor PC. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. When the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Doctor PC using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall Doctor PC
1. Navigate to Windows Start Menu and open the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Doctor PC and other similar programs. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.