How to remove DislikeOnFB (Virus Removal Guide)
How to remove DislikeOnFB (Virus Removal Guide)
DislikeOnFB (also searched for as DislikeOnFB virus or Dislike On FB) is a fraudulent adware type application that usually enters your computer system and attaches to affected internet browsers without your consent or knowledge. It typically automatically downloads and installs in the background while you work on your computer or browse the web. Once DislikeOnFB adware has been contracted it will begin to inject the webpages you visit with pop-up advertisements that often say “Ads by DislikeOnFB” or “brought by DislikeOnFB” on them.
What is DislikeOnFB?
DislikeOnFB is short for “Dislike On Facebook.” According to third-party download managers, DislikeOnFB is promoted as a free application that allegedly allows you to dislike Facebook posts. However, this feature is not possible on the social network.
DislikeOnFB adware generates deceptive and intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by DislikeOnFB are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
DislikeOnFB adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove DislikeOnFB if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did DislikeOnFB get on my computer?
DislikeOnFB and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. DislikeOnFB is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that DislikeOnFB adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”DislikeOnFB overview”]
- DislikeOnFB bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- DislikeOnFB is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- DislikeOnFB injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- DislikeOnFB makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove DislikeOnFB virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove DislikeOnFB virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove DislikeOnFB
Option 1: Automatically remove DislikeOnFB virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.Download “DislikeOnFB” removal tool
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing DislikeOnFB we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove DislikeOnFB.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove DislikeOnFB
How to uninstall DislikeOnFB
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for DislikeOnFB in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click DislikeOnFB to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find DislikeOnFB in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove DislikeOnFB below.[/note]
How to remove DislikeOnFB add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the DislikeOnFB extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the DislikeOnFB add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the DislikeOnFB extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find DislikeOnFB in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove DislikeOnFB below.[/note]
DislikeOnFB virus removal tips
- If you do not find DislikeOnFB in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing DislikeOnFB you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.