How to remove DigitalSites (Virus Removal Guide)
DigitalSites (PUP.Optional.DigitalSites.A, Digital Sites) is a potentially unwanted program that usually bundles various programs and computer threats, including adware and very severe malware like Zbot. DigitalSites as a standalone program is known to modify internet browser settings, access user browsing data, and ultimatum cause browser redirects to sponsored webpages and serve pop-up advertisements.
PUP.Optional.DigitalSites.A is a detection created by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to identify and detect this program.
If you see ads by DigitalSites while browsing the web or notice advertisements while PUP.Optional.DigitalSites.A has been detected, your computer is infected with adware. But that’s not all. DigitalSites is known to cause and relate to other serious issues and raises many threatening concerns because it can arrive on a computer system alongside more severe malware.
The ‘DigitalSites virus’ is intrusive because it injects the webpages internet users visit with targeted advertisements in the form of banners, pop-under webpages, and underlined in-text hyper link ads. Sometimes this adware will generate sponsored search results and suggestions. Unwanted targeted advertisements are a serious concern because in order to create ‘targeted’ advertisements and sponsored search results DigitalSites adware will need to access and gather user browsing data and modify current browser settings. Information this adware observes includes all data on the websites you visit and all browsing activities, such as information submitted into online forms (online searches, email addresses, telephone numbers, etc.), bookmarks, and browser history. This information together will allow the adware and programs that it bundles with to generate advertisements that target internet users based off their current and past online habits.
DigitalSites adware also bundles with other unwanted programs, browser extensions, malware, and malicious threats. This adware and the programs that it bundles with schedule new tasks and change existing system start-up settings in order to run every time Windows starts and remain enabled. Programs and browser attachments that may arrive with this adware infection can also cause additional issues for computer and internet users not relating to pop-up advertisements. Severe problems relating to programs that bundle with DigitalSites include theft of credentials to bank accounts and other accounts that users access online.
Even though the DigitalSites virus is not technically defined as a computer virus or a standalone malicious parasite, the unwanted program is still a threat or the sign of a very severe computer infection. Since DigitalSites is known to download and install alongside third-party malware, trojan horses, and additional potentially unwanted programs, it will be necessary to uninstall multiple programs, remove multiple browser objects, and eradicate malicious files in order to stop all unwanted activities caused by this program and others from occurring. Apart from manually eradicating the program and others that it bundles with, files may remain undetected to the average computer user. That is why the professional internet security community recommends to use a reputable anti-malware product to remove DigitalSites and malicious files that it may bundle with.
How did DigitalSites get on my computer?
DigitalSites and the unwanted programs that it bundles with are usually always contracted without the consent or knowledge of the computer user. The adware is used to promote free downloadable content from a variety of locations on the web; therefor it bundles with multiple objects. Free downloadable content that this adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, torrents, and more.
Users who wish to consciously and manually install freeware may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install DigitalSites adware and other objects alongside the freeware during the installation and setup process; However, the user request to decline the adware from installing is often ignored by the program or presented in a deceptive manner and the adware will install anyways.
This program and objects that it bundles with can also be promoted and contracted through questionable advertisements. These advertisements are usually dishonest, misleading, and can cause the program to automatically download and install once they’re clicked on.
[fancy_box title=”DigitalSites overview”]
- DigitalSites can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- DigitalSites can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- DigitalSites bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- DigitalSites is usually packed inside installers and downloaders from websites such as Cnet (download.com), Softonic, and others.
- DigitalSites injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- DigitalSites makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove DigitalSites (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove DigitalSites extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall DigitalSites from Windows
- Step 3: Remove PUP.Optional.DigitalSites.A with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove DigitalSites extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the DigitalSites extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the DigitalSites add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the DigitalSites extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall DigitalSites from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for DigitalSites and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove PUP.Optional.DigitalSites.A with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.