How to update or remove Dell System Detect
What is Dell System Detect?
Dell System Detect (also known as PUP.Vulnerable.DellSystemDetect) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that is vulnerable to a serious remote code execution attack. It is designed to run on a PC or tablet and interact with Dell Support. Dell System Detect is pre-installed on many Dell computer systems (as well as others including Compaq) and has just recently been included as a threat by Malwarebytes and others. Dell System Detect is not a computer virus.
If Dell System Detect is installed on a Dell system, the system would leave anyone with a venerable version at risk of an attack directed by an attacker to as specific website designed to exploit the flaw in the program.
Dell has updated Dell System Detect to no longer be obsolete to this threat, but old versions of this program still exist. Most versions of the vulnerable program were installed around 2013 and before.
Dell System Detect is not technically defined as a computer virus, but the program is still a threat. The potentially unwanted program should be removed or udpated.
How to update Dell System Detect
To update Dell System Detect please visit this webpage.
How to remove Dell System Detect (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Uninstall Dell System Detect
- Step 2: Remove Dell System Detect malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Uninstall Dell System Detect
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Dell System Detect and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Remove Dell System Detect malware with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download Malwarebytes Free[/button][button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=23046&scope=checkout&cart=139724″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Premium Now[/button]
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.