How to remove DelightfulDeals (Removal Guide)
This comprehensive DelightfulDeals removal guide will help you remove the “DelightfulDeals virus” and ads by DelightfulDeals, as well as other threats.
Table of Contents
- What is DelightfulDeals?
- How did DelightfulDeals get on my computer?
- How to uninstall DelightfulDeals from Windows
- How to remove unwanted browser attachments
- How to remove DelightfulDeals with Malwarebytes
- How to remove DelightfulDeals with HitmanPro
- How to repair your computer with CCleaner
[frame_box] For Tech Support Call:
What is DelightfulDeals?
DelightfulDeals by CBS Group (also searched for as the DelightfulDeals virus) is a deceptive program and browser attachment included in the adware and potentially unwanted program (or PUP) categories by reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs such as Malwarebytes and HitmanPro. The adware is primarily used to serve pop-up and in-text advertisements on the web and even Windows desktop. Ads generated by DelightfulDeals will usually say “Ads by DelightfulDeals” or “Powered by DelightfulDeals” on them. Advertisements served by DelightfulDeals adware range from harmless coupons to malicious programs and exploit kits that introduce severe forms of malware to your computer. Although DelightfulDeals is not technically defined as a computer virus the adware and potentially unwanted program can be the initial sign of a very severe computer infection because DelightfulDeals adware bundles with other unwanted programs and malware.
How did DelightfulDeals get on my computer?
DelightfulDeals adware and ad-serving applications similar to it such as DNSUnlocker and MiniBrowser are usually introduced to a computer without user knowledge. DelightfulDeals can bundle with other unwanted programs that automatically download and install it in the background without your approval. The adware can be contracted from third-party software bundlers and download managers associated with dubious programs, torrent files, and browser add-ons and extensions. The adware may also use various misleading marketing tactics to get users to manually install it by aggressively claiming to be a useful tool.
How to uninstall DelightfulDeals from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall DelightfulDeals and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find DelightfulDeals installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for DelightfulDeals in the list of installed programs and double click it to uninstall it. You can also select DelightfulDeals with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled DelightfulDeals look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
How to remove unwanted browser attachments
Follow the instructions to remove DelightfulDeals add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a DelightfulDeals attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove DelightfulDeals from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the DelightfulDeals extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the DelightfulDeals add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the DelightfulDeals extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove DelightfulDeals with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove DelightfulDeals with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download Malwarebytes[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
How to remove DelightfulDeals with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove DelightfulDeals with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
[button link=”https://www.cleverbridge.com/747/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdl.surfright.nl%2fHitmanPro.exe” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download HitmanPro[/button]
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
How to clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner[/button]
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Finally, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.
[frame_box] For Tech Support Call: