How to remove DealRunner (Virus Removal Guide)
The DealRunner virus is a phrase that’s utilized to identify a potentially unwanted program (PUP) in the adware category of computer threats that aids pop-up advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. DealRunner is known to create new tasks and is scheduled to run every time Windows starts.
What is DealRunner?
Publisher Description: N/A
- This program bundles with third-party malware, malicious files, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
- This program can adjust and alter all your data on the websites you visit.
- This program can read and change your browsing history.
- This program can conduct and alter your apps, extensions, and themes.
- This program can manage your downloads.
How does DealRunner get on a computer?
The DealRunner virus (although not technically a computer virus) is often acquired without knowledge alongside free downloadable content, like freeware, shareware, torrents, and other items. Mainly, internet users are shown the opportunity to accept or dismiss a custom offer to install this program and other items; However, the offer to decline the program from installing is mainly overlooked by the distributor and presented in a malicious manner.
How to remove DealRunner
- Step 1: Remove DealRunner add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall DealRunner
- Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove DealRunner add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the DealRunner extension and other suspicious extensions. Remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the DealRunner add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the DealRunner add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel using the steps below.
Step 2: Uninstall DealRunner
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for DealRunner and other unwanted programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.