How to remove DealPlug (Virus Removal Guide)
What is DealPlug?
DealPlug is adware that regularly infiltrates a computer system and attaches to affected internet browsers as an add-on and extension without direct user consent. DealPlug adware is also known to bundle with additional adware, malware, and malicious files that can become very destructive.
DealPlug adware as a standalone object is primarily used to access user browsing data, including all of a user’s activities, history, and more. This information is then used for marketing campaigns and to serve targeted advertisement to the user across multiple internet browsers. If DealPlug malware is installed a user will become bombarded by pop-up advertisements while browsing the web.
How to remove DealPlug (Removal Guide)
This DealPlug removal guide will help you remove the DealPlug virus and get rid of ads by DealPlug on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It can also help you remove associated malware and additional adware.
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall DealPlug using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Manually uninstall DealPlug
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled DealPlug. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. It may be necessary to uninstall additional programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Manually remove browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the DealPlug extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the DealPlug add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the DealPlug add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.