How to remove Daugava (Virus Removal Guide)
Daugava (also searched for as Daugava virus) is categorized as an adware type potentially unwanted program (PUP) and browser plugin. Daugava has a high detection ration and is detected by reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs, such as Symantec Norton, AVG, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Daugava is essentially used as an advertisement-injector program and browser plugin. Daugava injects the webpages you visit with targeted and deceptive advertisements. Ads displayed by this adware will usually say Ads by Daugava or brought by Daugava on them.
What is Daugava?
Daugava is typically promoted alongside third-party freeware and software bundlers as a free web shopping utility that can help you find coupons and deals for the products you view and search for online.
Potential Daugava malware generates pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by Daugava are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you and your current and past browsing habits.
Daugava adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Daugava if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
Daugava and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Daugava is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Daugava adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
This comprehensive Daugava removal guide will help you remove Daugava virus from your PC and get rid of ads by Daugava on Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari.
Remove Daugava (Virus Removal Guide)
Step 1: Uninstall Daugava
1. Open Windows Start/Task Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Daugava in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Daugava to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Daugava in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Daugava extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Daugava add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Daugava extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Scan your computer and remove Daugava with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Daugava” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Daugava we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Daugava.[/note]
Daugava virus removal tips
- If you do not find Daugava in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Daugava you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.