CWA Reminder by We-Care.com (Virus Removal Guide)
CWA Reminder by We-Care.com (CWA Reminder virus) is detected as a potentially unwanted program. It employs deceptive marketing tactics to exploit a computer system and severe targeted advertisements across multiple internet browsers without consent. CWA Reminder by We-Care.com adware can be used to perform activities users find undesirable.
What is CWA Reminder by We-Care.com ?
We-Care.com is promoted as an online shopping mall that allegedly supports charity by supplying internet users with special discounts, deals, and coupons.
- Accesses user browsing data (all browsing activities, bookmarks, and history) and modifies browser settings (homepage, new tab, browser shortcut, and default, managed, or provided search engines).
- Serves targeted advertisements (including banner ads, in-text advertisements that appear as hyperlinked text, and pop-under advertisements).
- Allows additional unwanted programs to automatically install without user knowledge.
- Bundles with malware and malicious files without user knowledge.
How did CWA Reminder by We-Care.com get on my computer?
CWA Reminder by We-Care.com adware and similar programs are commonly contracted with freeware, shareware, torrents, and other downloadable content. In many cases users may be given the opportunity to accept or decline a custom offer to install this adware and other programs; However, the offer to decline the program is often ignored or presented in a deceptive manner.
Potential CWA Reminder by We-Care.com malware can also be contracted from questionable advertisements, most notably found on media sharing websites and websites that promote prohibited content, as well as email messages. In many scenarios, questionable advertisements may claim that an update or other item needs to be installed in order to trick users into clicking the ads and installing potentially harmful content.
How to remove CWA Reminder by We-Care.com
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall CWA Reminder by We-Care.com from Windows
- Step 4: Remove CWA Reminder by We-Care.com browser attachments
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing CWA Reminder by We-Care.com . Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Open the Anti-Malware program after the program is installed.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to install updates if prompted to do so.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall CWA Reminder by We-Care.com using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall CWA Reminder by We-Care.com from Windows
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for CWA Reminder by We-Care.com . Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove CWA Reminder by We-Care.com browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the CWA Reminder by We-Care.com extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the CWA Reminder by We-Care.com add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the CWA Reminder by We-Care.com add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.