This CutThePrice removal guide provides steps to remove the CutThePrice virus in order to get rid of ads by CutThePrice on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, as well as other potential malware and adware.
What is CutThePrice?
CutThePrice (Cut The Price) is a potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) that displays advertisements across multiple internet browsers after contraction. Once installed the adware will use browser add-ons, extensions, and helper objects to track user browsing data for marketing purposes, including targeted advertisements tailored to a user’s web content.
Many internet users and malware analysts have made removal reports and recorded negative reviews about this item. Some relative dialogue claims that ads by CutThePrice may contain links that direct users to questionable websites and downloads.
Furthermore it is known that potential CutThePrice malware and programs like it engage in marketing packages designed to bundle with with additional unwanted programs. Additional programs that this adware may bundle with may provide other threats and can cause different issues. These programs will also need to be removed to stop unwanted activities.
How to remove CutThePrice (Virus Removal)
1. Automatic Removal Guide
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings that have been changed during this infection. It can also fix system startup up settings and be used to uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
How to uninstall CutThePrice
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled CutThePrice. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove CutThePrice add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the CutThePrice extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. In Extensions and Plugin search for the CutThePrice add-on and remove it by clicking the Remove button.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the CutThePrice add-on, select it with your mouse, and remove it by clicking the Remove button. *If the Remove button is not located, you must uninstall associated software first.