CutterInit (also searched for as CutterInit virus) is a potentially unwanted program that poses a threat for many reasons. It is known to be intrusive and can infiltrate your computer system without your consent. It gathers your personal internet browsing data including all of your activities, bookmarks, and history for a variety of purposes. Furthermore, if CutterInit is installed on your computer you may have an issue with malware since this program is known to bundle with other unwanted programs and malicious software.
CutterInit can be used to access user browsing data and display pop-up ads while you browse the web. It can also change your internet browser settings including your home page and default browser search engine. This will cause affected internet browsers to start up on and redirect to sponsored web pages.
What is CutterInit?
CutterInit does not have a legitimate description from the publisher; However, programs and browser add-ons and extensions similar to it are often promoted by third-party freeware and download managers as a bundled web shopping assistant or web utility program that help help internet users find coupons and deals.
Potential CutterInit malware generates very deceptive and intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by CutterInit are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing data (including all your data on the websites you visit, bookmarks, and browser history) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits. You do not want programs like these to be able to track you because your personal information may also be used for other purposes.
CutterInit adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you uninstall CutterInit malware if you find it installed on your computer or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension. Also, use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files that are difficult to manually detect.
How did CutterInit get on my computer?
CutterInit and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. CutterInit is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that CutterInit adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”CutterInit overview”]
- CutterInit bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- CutterInit is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- CutterInit injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- CutterInit makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove CutterInit virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove CutterInit virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove CutterInit
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove CutterInit virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “CutterInit” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing CutterInit we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove CutterInit.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove CutterInit
How to uninstall CutterInit
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for CutterInit in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click CutterInit to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find CutterInit in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove CutterInit below.[/note]
How to remove CutterInit add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the CutterInit extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the CutterInit add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the CutterInit extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find CutterInit in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove CutterInit below.[/note]
CutterInit virus removal tips
- If you do not find CutterInit in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing CutterInit you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411