What is Crowti virus?
The Crowti virus is terminology used to identify dangerous malware in the ransomware category of computer threats. This computer virus (also known as an encryption virus) is known to take control of an infected computer system, encrypt personal files, and demand a fee of 500 USD/EUR (or other) to obtain decrypted files or remove a restriction from the computer. The computer virus may attempt to persuade users to pay a fine similar to the FBI virus or ask users to buy a decrypter similar to the CryptoWall or CrytoLocker virus.
Newer versions of Crowti ransomware have been updated to make it difficult to spot flaws with the encryption system. This means that it may be very difficult and nearly impossible to retrieve back encrypted files using reputable defensive crypto-software.
The Crowti virus takes control of a computer system and displays a message that says something similar to “WARNING – Your files are encrypted. To get the key to decrypt files you have to pay 500 USD/EUR. If payment is not made made before -specific date- the cost of decrypting files will increase 2 times and will be 1000 USD/EUR”
The Crowti virus may ask users to pay using Bitcoin and other online payment services. The Crowti virus page may even suggest places users can purchase Bitcoins.
Most security analysts claim that the Crowti virus spreads utilizing common distribution methods, such as malicious email messages that contain dubious links and attachments, malicious advertisements, malicious downloads, such as torrents or other, and more. This infection can also spread via social media content, including Facebook and Twitter messages and posts.
How to remove Crowti (Virus Removal Guide)
1. Crowti removal Software and Tools
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
2. System Restore/Reset
A System Restore/Reset is an easy solution to restore an infected computer to a date and time before it became infected with the Crowti computer virus. To learn more please select a link below:
Crowti virus removal tips:
If the Crowti virus is difficult to remove there are several steps you can use to troubleshoot the removal process:
Ransomware often infects 1 user account on Windows systems at a time. Here are some tips to remove ransomware by using different user accounts.
- Log into an account not affected by malware (with administrative rights) and perform a scan with reputable software to detect and remove malware.
- You can also delete the infected account.
- Other options include creating a new user account to remove malware if only 1 Window’s user account is present on the computer system.
Some variants of ransomware use flash and symptoms of the infection can be halted by denying flash via Macromedia’s real-time options. To learn more and deny flash please visit: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html
Troubleshoot internet/network issues
Safe Mode With Networking can be used to access the Internet for updates, drivers, removal software, or other files if internet and network connectivity is compromised.