How to remove Coupon Titan (Virus Removal Guide)
How to remove Coupon Titan (Virus Removal Guide)
Coupon Titan (also searched for as Coupon Titan virus or CouponTitan virus) is not actually a computer virus. This program is detected as a potentially unwanted program, or PUP, and adware by most reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware engines. Coupon Titan is primarily used to display advertisements that usually say Ads by Coupon Titan, Coupon Titan Ads, or brought by Coupon Titan on them.
What is Coupon Titan?
Coupon Titan is promoted as a free web shopping companion and browser utility that can help you find online coupons and deals relevant to the products and content you search for and view.
Potential Coupon Titan malware generates pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by Coupon Titan are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
Coupon Titan adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Coupon Titan if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
Coupon Titan and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Coupon Titan is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Coupon Titan adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”Coupon Titan overview”]
- Coupon Titan bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Coupon Titan is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- Coupon Titan injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Coupon Titan makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Coupon Titan
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Coupon Titan virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Coupon Titan
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Coupon Titan virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Coupon Titan” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Coupon Titan we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Coupon Titan.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Coupon Titan
How to uninstall Coupon Titan
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Coupon Titan in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Coupon Titan to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Coupon Titan in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Coupon Titan below.[/note]
How to remove Coupon Titan add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Coupon Titan extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Coupon Titan add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Coupon Titan extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Coupon Titan in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Coupon Titan below.[/note]
Coupon Titan virus removal tips
- If you do not find Coupon Titan in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Coupon Titan you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411