How to remove Coupon Blaster (Virus Removal Guide)
Coupon Blaster virus
Coupon Blaster is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) that is found in the adware and browser hijacker categories of computer infections. Potential Coupon Blaster malware has been reported to change existing internet browser settings such as the homepage and search engine, as well as generate pop-up advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and other internet browsers by utilizing Windows software, including browser helper objects (BHOs), as well as browser attachments including add-ons, extensions, and plugins.
Coupon Blaster and third-party software will change existing browser settings, causing affected browsers to start-up on and redirect to unwanted websites when a user boots a new browser window, opens a new tab, or searches the web using the browser address or omni bar.
Coupon Blaster and associated programs may also observe and collect user information used to display targeted advertisements. This information may also be submitted to third-party marketing and mailing lists which can result in unwanted email spam, junk mail, and phone calls from telemarketers.
If Coupon Blaster software is installed to a Microsoft Windows Operating System or attached to the previously mentioned Internet Browsers, a user will notice pop-under advertisements that take up an entire browser window or browser tab, generic banner and skyscraper advertisements, in-text ads that pop-up when a user hovers over hyper-linked text, and/or pop-up advertisements that appear when a user hovers over images with their mouse pointer. Most of these advertisements will say something similar to “brought by Coupon Blaster” or “Coupon Blaster Deals.”
Coupon Blaster primarily bundles with third-party freeware and shareware distributed by websites such as download.com and can also be found in advertisements, torrents, and other items on media related websites such as thepiratebay.se.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Coupon Blaster software and other items during the setup process of third-party software; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove Coupon Blaster virus
- Option 1: Coupon Blaster Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Coupon Blaster malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Coupon Blaster – This second option details how to manually uninstall Coupon Blaster and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Coupon Blaster Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Coupon Blaster and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may state that potential malware or malware was detected. Click the Apply All Action button.
6. If files were quarantined, visit the History section and remove all files in the Quarantine selection.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Coupon Blaster adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Coupon Blaster and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Coupon Blaster, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Coupon Blaster
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Coupon Blaster adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Coupon Blaster
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. Search for Coupon Blaster and other potentially unwanted software in the list of installed programs, click a single program, and click the Uninstall button to remove the program.
How to remove Coupon Blaster add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Coupon Blaster add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Coupon Blaster extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon adjacent to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the Coupon Blaster add-on on the Extensions and Plugin and remove it once located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Coupon Blaster add-on and remove it if located.