Free converter programs are a growing issue in the cyber security community. A lot of internet users want to find free programs to convert their files, including video, image, and audio files and because of the demand of such programs unethical publishers aggressively promote dubious and untrustworthy programs that allegedly convert files for free. ConverterPro (also searched for as ConverterPro virus or Converter Pro) is one of these aggressive programs. ConverterPro is detected as a generic adware type program and browser plugin by reputable Antivirus products. ConverterPro adware has a very high detection ratio and most security programs will detect and remove ConverterPro with ease. However, this adware can also be the sign of a serious computer infection because it rarely installs as a standalone program. The adware is known to bundle with other potentially unwanted programs, adware, browser hijackers, and malware. This is why the professional internet security industry and malware analysts strongly recommend to remove ConverterPro if you find that your PC has contracted the adware.
Once ConverterPro adware has been completely contracted it will inject the webpages you visit with deceptive and targeted style advertisements that usually say something like Ads by ConverterPro, ConverterPro Ads, or brought by ConverterPro on them. The advertisements are intrusive and defined as ‘targeted’ ads because in order to generate they will initially need to obtain access to and collect personal browsing data, including information about all the websites you visit, the things you search for online, text you input into online text fields, your browser history, and browser bookmarks. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off of your current and past browsing habits and manufactures advertisements it feels you will most likely click on.
Even though this adware is often referred to as the ConverterPro virus it is not technically defined as a computer virus. The adware is still similar to a virus and is a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove ConverterPro if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension, as well as to use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files that may arrive with the adware.
ConverterPro and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. ConverterPro is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that ConverterPro adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
How to remove ConverterPro
This comprehensive ConverterPro removal guide will help you remove ConverterPro virus from your PC and get rid of ads by ConverterPro.
- How to uninstall ConverterPro
- How to remove ConverterPro virus with Malwarebytes
- For Tech Support: Call 1-888-986-8411
How to uninstall ConverterPro
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4. Search for ConverterPro in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click ConverterPro to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find ConverterPro in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the ConverterPro extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the ConverterPro add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the ConverterPro extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove ConverterPro virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “ConverterPro” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing ConverterPro we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove ConverterPro.[/note]
ConverterPro virus removal tips
- If you do not find ConverterPro in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing ConverterPro you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411