How to remove ContradeAdder (Removal Guide)
ContradeAdder is detected as a adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) by reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs including Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. ContradeAdder is used to gather user browsing data and inject the webpages you visit with advertisements. ContradeAdder adware affects Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Internet Explorer internet browsers. ContradeAdder can be found as a Windows program in the Control Panel or as a browser plugin. This adware bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
This ContradeAdder removal guide will help you remove ContradeAdder adware from your PC in order to get rid of ads by ContradeAdder and stop other unwanted symptoms.
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove ContradeAdder browser attachments
- Step 2: Uninstall ContradeAdder from Windows
- Step 3: Remove ContradeAdder virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove ContradeAdder browser attachments
Before you move forward we strongly recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
Virus Removal Helpline
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the ContradeAdder extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the ContradeAdder add-on on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Select it and click remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the ContradeAdder extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall ContradeAdder from Windows
1. Go to Start Menu > Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. Search for ContradeAdder and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove ContradeAdder virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and click the Scan Now button to perform a scan.
3. When Malwarebytes is done scanning your computer you will be directed to a list of threats found by the program including PUP.Optional.ContradeAdder.A. Click the Remove Selected button, click the Finish button, and reboot your computer if promoted by Malwarebytes to do so.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Open CCleaner and go to Cleaner. Click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the registry scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find anything suspicious in the list select it and click Delete.