How to remove Compare For Fun (Virus Removal Guide)
If you find a program titled “Compare For Fun” on your computer you will likely become bombarded with pop-up ads the next time you browse the web. Compare For Fun is adware and a potentially unwanted program that is known to use deceptive marketing methods to enter a computer system without direct consent or knowledge and display pop-up advertisements.
Compare For Fun adware displays a variety of advertisements in different styles including banner, pop-up, pop-under, and in-text underlined hyperlinked advertisements. Ads displayed by this adware usually say something similar to “Ads by Compare For Fun” on them.
Compare For Fun adware is a privacy concern because it produces what are known as ‘targeted’ advertisements. The issue with targeted advertisements is that they can only be produced if the adware has access to personal user browsing data. This means that Compare For Fun can access and gather user browsing data. User browsing data that this program may obtain access to includes all browsing activities, bookmarks, apps, and browser history.
Furthermore, Compare For Fun bundles with other potentially unwanted programs, malware, and malicious threats. In order to get rid of ads by Compare For Fun and stop other unwanted symptoms it will probably be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
Third-party programs and malware that can bundle with Compare For Fun adware will cause other issues aside from pop-up advertisements. Other issues include unwanted browser redirects to sponsored webpages, decreased computer productivity, and decreased internet speed.
Compare For Fun adware and the additional programs that it bundles with also manufacture new tasks and change existing Windows start-up settings in order to run every time the operating system starts and remain enabled if disabled by the user. Programs and browser attachments that may arrive with this deceptive piece of adware can also cause other issues for computer and internet users aside from pop-up advertisements, including browser redirections and a loss in computer functionality and internet connectivity.
Even though the Compare For Fun virus is not technically defined as a computer virus or malicious parasite, the unwanted program is still a threat or the sign of a very severe computer infection. Since Compare For Fun is known to download and install alongside third-party malware, malicious files, and additional potentially unwanted programs, including browser hijackers like Jogostempo.com, it will be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser objects in order to stop all unwanted activities caused by this program and others from occurring. Apart from manually eradicating the program and others that it bundles with, files may remain undetected to the average computer user. That is why the professional internet security community recommends to use a reputable anti-malware product to remove Compare For Fun and malicious files that it may bundle with.
How did Compare For Fun get on my computer?
Compare For Fun adware and the programs and potential threats that it bundles with are usually contracted without user consent alongside freeware, shareware, torrent files, and other downloadable content.
Computer and internet users who seek to download and install free items online may be presented with an opportunity to accept or decline a custom offer to install Compare For Fun adware and other programs. However, the request to decline Compare For Fun from installing is often presented in a very deceptive manner, which can make it confusing for a computer user. In some cases, the download manager may completely ignore the user request to decline Compare For Fun from installing and the adware will install against user consent and knowledge.
[fancy_box title=”Compare For Fun overview”]
- Compare For Fun can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- Compare For Fun can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- Compare For Fun bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Compare For Fun is usually packed inside installers and downloaders from websites such as Cnet (download.com), Softonic, and others.
- Compare For Fun injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Compare For Fun makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Compare For Fun (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove Compare For Fun extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Compare For Fun from Windows
- Step 3: Remove Compare For Fun virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove Compare For Fun extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Compare For Fun extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the Compare For Fun add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the Compare For Fun extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall Compare For Fun from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Compare For Fun and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove Compare For Fun virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download Malwarebytes Free[/button][button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=23046&scope=checkout&cart=139724″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Premium Now[/button]
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fstandard” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner Free[/button]
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Professional Now[/button]
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.