How to remove COMODO Cloud Antivirus
COMODO Cloud Antivirus is promoted as an Antivirus program for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 operating systems. The program claims to have sandbox abilities that can be executed to isolate unsafe processes on your computer; However, it should be noted that during our tests we found that the COMODO Cloud Antivirus program added legitimate processes associated with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software. This stopped Malwarebytes from running a scan that would have removed malicious files from the test machine.
Once COMODO Cloud Antivirus is installed it will open an interface and begin to scan your computer. A worrisome concern regarding the COMODO Cloud Antivirus program is that is is essentially known as a useless program that offers no benefit to those who install it. To back this expression up, the scan we performed with the COMODO Cloud Antivirus program only found and quarantined 2 threats on a test machine that had hundreds of malicious files on it. A scan with Malwarebytes on the same test machine found and removed 171 malicious files.
The program is also quite a nuisance and will display multiple messages and notifications on Windows Desktop.
COMODO Cloud Antivirus is considered safe by may online resources and to stay away from any legal threats we’re not going to say that this program is malicious or not. We personally would never use it. It is up the user to decide if they want to use this program.
A concern we found with COMODO Cloud Antivirus is that it was being bolstered by a malicious software bundler and download manager that introduced malware, adware, potentially unwanted programs, and other threats to our test machine. This means that COMODO Cloud Antivirus is involved in a marketing campaign that can put you at risk. The program may arrive on your computer along with malicious files that can wreck havoc on your computer and collect your personal data.
If you did not install COMODO Cloud Antivirus but find it installed on your computer it is likely that your computer is infected with malware and other malicious threats. In order to remove malware and malicious threats from your computer we suggest that you complete the guide below. To remove COMODO Cloud Antivirus from your computer you can uninstall it manually through Windows Control Panel; However, we still suggest that you scan your computer for any malicious files that may be present on your system.
Alias: COMODO Cloud Antivirus virus *This program is not a computer virus
COMODO Cloud Antivirus removal guide
- How to automatically remove COMODO Cloud Antivirus
- How to manually repair your browser settings
- How to manually uninstall programs
- How to stay protected against future infections
1. Download and Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to run a scan and remove malicious files from your computer.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. Once the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
5. Download and Install HitmanPro by Surfright to perform a second-opinion scan and remove any remaining traces.
6. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
7. Once the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
8. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
9. Click the Reboot button.
10. Download and Install CCleaner by Piriform to cleanup files, repair and clear your registry, and manage settings that may have been changed.
11. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
12. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
13. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.
- How to change your Google Chrome homepage
- How to change your Google Chrome search engine
- How to remove extensions from Chrome
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox homepage
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Firefox
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer homepage
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Internet Explorer
The key to staying protected against future infections is to follow common online guidelines and take advantage of reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware security software with real-time protection.
Real-time security software
Security software like Malwarebytes and Norton Security have real-time features that can block malicious files before they spread across your computer. These programs bundled together can establish a wall between your computer and cyber criminals.
- Backup your computer and personal files to an external drive or online backup service
- Create a restore point on your computer in case you need to restore your computer to a date before infection
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs you are not familiar with
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs from websites you are not familiar with – some websites use their own download manager to bundle additional programs with the initial download
- If you plan to download and install freeware, open source software, or shareware make sure to be alert when you install the object and read all the instructions presented by the download manager
- Avoid torrents and P2P clients
- Do not open email messages from senders you do not know