How to remove ComNotifications (Virus Removal Guide)
ComNotifications (also searched for as ComNotifications virus, ComNotificationsV10.08) is a destructive adware and a potentially unwanted program, or PUP, that is used to inject the webpages you visit with targeted and deceptive advertisements. Ads displayed by this adware will usually say something like Ads by ComNotificationsV10.08 or brought by ComNotificationsV10.08 on them and they can arrive across multiple internet browsers.
ComNotifications adware is promoted by third-party download managers, software bundlers, and websites as a free web shopping utility that can help you locate coupons, deals, and discounts for the products you view online and search for.
Ads by ComNotifications displays ‘targeted’ style advertisements. This means that the adware will manufacture advertisements based off of your personal browsing data, such as your bookmarks and history.
ComNotifications adware is not technically defined as a computer virus. However, the adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove ComNotifications if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
ComNotifications and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. ComNotifications is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that ComNotifications adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
- ComNotifications adware bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- ComNotifications adware is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- ComNotifications adware injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- ComNotifications adware changes existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks allowing the adware to run every time Windows starts.
The free ComNotifications removal guide on this webpage will help you remove ComNotifications virus from your PC and get rid of ads by ComNotifications and other malicious threats.
How to remove ComNotifications
- How to uninstall ComNotifications
- How to remove ComNotifications with Malwarebytes
- ComNotifications removal tips
How to uninstall ComNotifications
1. Open Windows Start/Task Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for ComNotifications in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click ComNotifications to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find ComNotifications in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the ComNotifications extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the ComNotifications add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the ComNotifications extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove ComNotifications with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.Download Malwarebytes
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
ComNotifications removal tips
- If you do not find ComNotifications in your list of installed programs or browser attachments you may need to uninstall additional programs and remove additional browser add-ons and extensions. Additional programs and browser attachments may include suspicious titles that might have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection. If you do not recognize a browser extension – remove it!
- If you are still having issues removing ComNotifications you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.