Com Notification (also found as Com Notification virus) is a potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and adware which can gain access to a computer system without user authorization. This program is known to automatically install in the background without user knowledge. Once Com Notification is installed it will apply various methods to obtain personal browsing data, which it primarily utilizes to serve targeted advertisements it feels users are most likely to click on.
What is Com Notification?
Com Notification is usually promoted by the programs that automatically download its files as a free web shopping utility that can help internet users locate online coupons and deals. Com Notification can be found as a Windows program which can be uninstalled from Windows Control Panel or as a web browser attachment. The unwanted program is often promoted through various third-party installers and download managers.
Com Notification is a privacy concern because it serves ‘targeted’ advertisements to users while they browse the internet and targeted advertisements can only be produced by the adware if it has gained access to user browsing data such as all browsing activities, bookmarks, app data, and browser history. The information it observes and collects is used to generate advertisements it feels users are most likely to click on based off of their current and past browsing habits.
Furthermore, potential Com Notification malware primarily bundles with additional unwanted programs, malware, and other possible malicious threats. This means that it might be necessary to uninstall multiple programs from Windows and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Many of these programs can not easily be found on a computer system without third-party security software.
Com Notification adware and the additional programs that it bundles with also manufacture new tasks and change existing Windows start-up settings in order to run every time the operating system starts and remain enabled if disabled by the user. Programs and browser attachments that may arrive with this deceptive piece of adware can also cause other issues for computer and internet users aside from pop-up advertisements, including browser redirections and a loss in computer functionality and internet connectivity. Furthermore, if Com Notification is manually removed, it is possibly that the adware or another one in its place will return before a week has passed.
How did Com Notification get on my computer?
Com Notification is primarily automatically contracted in the background without detection from the computer user. Third-party unwanted programs use Com Notification as an advertising platform in order to monetize free products and services using aggressive and deceptive methods. In other words, desperate unwanted programs use this adware to generate revenue because this platform is allowed to be utilized by malicious and questionable parties unlike legitimate advertisement servers.
In some cases Com Notification may arrive bundled with freeware. Users who wish to download freeware may be given an opportunity to accept or decline a custom offer to install Com Notification and other unwanted programs; However, the user request to decline the program from installing may be presented in a confusing manner or entirely ignored by the download manager.
[fancy_box title=”Com Notification overview”]
- Com Notification bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and possible malware such as Notifier PLUS.
- Com Notification can arrive on a computer system packed inside installers and downloaders from websites such as download.com, Softonic, and others.
- Com Notification injects visited webpages with pop-up, pop-under, in-text, and in-image advertisements.
- Com Notification makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks allowing it to run every time Windows starts and to check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has previously been disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove Com Notification (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove Com Notification extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Com Notification from Windows
- Step 3: Remove Com Notification virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove Com Notification extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Com Notification extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the Com Notification add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the Com Notification extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall Com Notification from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Com Notification and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove Com Notification virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full edition of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full edition of this program enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is only a free scan and removal tool.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download Malwarebytes Free[/button][button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=23046&scope=checkout&cart=139724″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Premium Now[/button]
2. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the Scan Now button or go to the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete you will notice a list of files it has detected. Click the Remove Selected button, then click Finish, and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full edition of CCleaner by Piriform.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fstandard” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner Free[/button]
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Professional Now[/button]
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.