How to remove CloudGuard (Virus Removal Guide)
What is CloudGuard?
CloudGuard is a suspicious program for the Microsoft Windows operating system and the title of a browser add-on and extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer. This suspicious program is often detected as adware that displays various pop-up advertisements while users are browsing the internet. This potentially unwanted program can also get onto a computer system and attach to popular internet browsers without detection alongside third-party items.
Potential CloudGuard malware is known to participate in aggressive marketing tactics used to infiltrate a computer system without detection. Once installed, the adware will use browser helper objects, add-ons, and extensions to gather user browsing data and introduce users to targeted advertisements based off user browsing habits.
Information observed and collected includes a user’s complete browsing activities, bookmarks, and history, as well as information users may manually submit online while the program is installed.
Furthermore, adware may come bundled with other unwanted items that can cause different issues and will have permissions set across multiple internet browsers that can allow them to change additional existing internet browser settings. In turn, additional items may cause unwanted browser redirects and start-ups to suspicious websites such as lasaoren.
How to remove CloudGuard (Virus Removal)
1. Automatic Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to automatically remove CloudGuard adware and third-party malware.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, fix system startup up settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall CloudGuard adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall CloudGuard
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled CloudGuard. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove CloudGuard add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove CloudGuard attachments from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the CloudGuard extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the CloudGuard add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the CloudGuard add-on and remove it if located.