How to remove ClearThink (Virus Removal Guide)
ClearThink (Clear Think) is adware that many security analysts have flagged for suspicious behavior. Furthermore, users have complained that ClearThink will install without consent and in order to generate pop-up advertisements across multiple internet browsers.
ClearThink is not particularly malware but may share some of the same tactics and techniques used to access a computer and may additionally bundle with third-party malware and PUPs such as Lasaoren or fake Adobe Flash Players.
ClearThink advertisements are displayed in a variety of forms. Some are pop-under browser redirects that take up an entire browser window or computer screen, in-text ads that say something similar to “Ads by ClearThink” on them, or pop-up advertisements that appear when an internet user hovers over an image.
This page includes instructions to remove ClearThink virus and uninstall unwanted programs from Windows. Get rid of unwanted ads on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet explorer with the ClearThink removal guide on this page.
How to remove the ClearThink virus
- Automatically remove ClearThink virus – Scan for and automatically remove ClearThink and third-party malware
- Manually remove ClearThink virus – Remove/Uninstall ClearThink and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic ClearThink virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove ClearThink and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. When the Malwarebytes interface has open on the dashboard, click the large Scan Now button to start scanning your computer for malicious files. *Scan options can also be found in the “Scan” section.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall ClearThink adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall ClearThink and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for ClearThink, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual ClearThink virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall ClearThink and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall ClearThink
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for ClearThink and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that ClearThink may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove ClearThink add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove ClearThink add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the ClearThink extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the ClearThink add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the ClearThink add-on and remove it if located.