What is Clean my browser?
Clean my browser virus is a term used to identify a questionable browser extension that might cause issues for internet browser users. The description for the Clean my browser Google Chrome extension says “Keeps your browser safe and your data private.” However, once the Clean my browser extension is installed it will modify your homepage, new tab page, and search settings. This will cause the affected browser to redirect to search.cleanmybrowser.com when a new browser window or tab is opened and redirect to feed.cleanmybrowser.com and search.yahoo.com (which observers and collects your data) when a search is performed in the address bar.
The extension will cause internet searches from the address bar to go through https://feed.cleanmybrowser.com/?st=nt&q=[KEYWORD] and then to search.yahoo.com.
The Clean my browser extension generates revenue from the advertisements displayed and search results on Yahoo and other websites it might redirect you to. It can also gain revenue from information it collects and sells and affiliated downloads.
The Clean my browser extension for Google Chrome has permission to read and change all your data on the websites you visit, read and change your browsing history, communicate with cooperating websites, and manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
The full description for the extension is detailed below:
Keeps your browser safe and your data private
make it faster and protect your privacy.
Does your browsing experience feels slow and heavy?
Suffering from crashes or just getting stuck?
If you want to make your browser fast again, It’s time to use the CleanMyBrowser Cleaner!
After a while of using Google Chrome, the browsing process is slowing down and take too long to load pages. CleanMyBrowser, help you to keep your Chrome clean and lightweight, remove unnecessary files and history, clean cookies and browsing data to make your browsing experience safe, secure and light.
CleanMyBrowser identifies extensions that require higher permissions when installed and could potentially violate or exploit your privacy.
With CleanMyBrowser you can identify such extensions and remove and clean them from your Chrome browser in a simple way.
-Boost Chrome performance
-Cleans your browser of unnecessary and harmful extensions
-Protects your privacy of your data
-Improves speed of your browser
By installing, CleanMyBrowser Chrome cleaner, it will become your new tab page.
For more information please review our Terms of Service:
One of the biggest concerns with the extension is that is is typically advertised by malicious advertising networks on websites that also promote malware, adware, spyware, and other malicious threats. This means that if you found the Clean my browser extension attached to your internet browser without your consent or have been attacked by Clean my browser advertisements it is likely that your computer is infected with other malicious programs that should be removed immediately.
How was Clean my browser installed?
The Clean my browser extension is usually promoted on various websites that are not allowed to show Google AdSense advertisements due to their content. Websites that contain streaming videos, torrents, pornography, and live streams often utilize malicious advertising networks in order to generate revenue.
These advertising networks will bolster the extension, as well as malware and other threats.
The extension also has the possibility to be installed by a third-party without user consent or knowledge. If you recently downloaded and installed freeware or free content online the extension may have been installed in the background by a third-party program.
Clean my browser removal steps
These Clean my browser removal steps will help you remove Clean my browser virus, malware, unwanted extensions, and other threats from your browser or PC.
- Step 1: Remove Clean my browser extension
- Step 2: Remove malware with Malwarebytes Anti-malware
- Step 3: Check your computer for malicious trace files with HitmanPro
- Step 4: Clean up and fix system issues with CCleaner
- Step 5: Manually repair browser settings (Optional)
1. Remove Clean my browser extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Click the trashcan icon next to the Clean my browser extension to remove it.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Click Remove next to the Clean my browser add-on to remove it.
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Select the Clean my browser add-on with your mouse and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Click the Uninstall button next to the Clean my browser extension to remove it.
2. Remove malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
3. Check your computer for malicious trace files with HitmanPro
- Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
- Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
- Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
- On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
- Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
- Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
4. Clean up and fix system issues with CCleaner
- Open your browser window and download CCleaner Professional or CCleaner Free.
- Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
- Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
- Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
- Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
- When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
- Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
- When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
- Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
- Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.