How to remove Chromatic (Virus Removal Guide)
Chromatic virus is a term commonly used to describe a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware that can access your PC without user knowledge, collect your browsing data (all browsing activities, bookmarks, history, etc.), and inject the webpages you visit online with deceptive and intrusive advertisements. Ads by Chromatic arrive in different advertisement styles. Chromatic ads can be delivered as generic banner and skyscrapers, in-text ads, pop-up ads, and pop-under ads. Ads by Chromatic are also served across multiple internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
Chromatic is commonly promoted as a free alternative web internet browser that uses the Chromium internet browser build. It may remove Google Chrome entirely from your computer if you previously had the internet browser installed. It does this so that it may replace the internet browser, most likely to confuse the unsuspecting computer user.
The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Chromatic if you find it installed onto your computer system or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension.
[fancy_box title=”Chromatic overview”]
- The Chromatic extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The Chromatic extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- Chromatic bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Chromatic is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Chromatic injects visited webpages with pop-up, in-text, and other types of advertisements.
- Chromatic makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Chromatic (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Chromatic virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Chromatic virus
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Chromatic virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Chromatic” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Chromatic we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Chromatic.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Chromatic virus
How to uninstall Chromatic
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Chromatic in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Chromatic to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Chromatic in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Chromatic below.[/note]
How to remove Chromatic add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Chromatic extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Chromatic add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Chromatic extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Chromatic in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Chromatic below.[/note]
Tips to remove Chromatic
- If you do not find Chromatic in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Chromatic you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411