How to remove ChocolateBar by We-Care.com (Virus Removal Guide)
ChocolateBar by We-Care.com
This ChocolateBar by We-Care.com removal guide provides steps to remove the ChocolateBar virus in order to get rid of ads powered by ChocolateBar by We-Care.com on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, as well as other potential malware and adware.
What is ChocolateBar by We-Care.com?
ChocolateBar by We-Care.com is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) in the adware category of computer threats that primarily uses a browser helper object (BHO), alongside browser add-ons and extensions to generate a brown toolbar and pop-up advertisements on Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
Once ChocolateBar by We-Care.com is installed to a Microsoft Windows Operating System an internet user will notice advertisements that say “Powered by We-Care.com,” as well as pop-up advertisements and a brown colored toolbar at the top of an open internet browser window.
Potential ChocolateBar malware displays advertisements across multiple platforms and a variety of websites but may be most apparent on retail based websites such as Walmart.com, Target.com, and others.
Furthermore, potential ChocolateBar by We-Care.com malware often bundles with other unwanted programs that will cause additional issues for users, including browser redirects and decreased browsing and computing functionality and performance. In order to stop all unwanted symptoms it may be necessary to uninstall and remove other programs and browser attachments developed and published by third-parties.
The most relevant symptom of the ChocolateBar virus (though not technically a computer virus) are pop-up advertisements; However, it can be concluded that the programs used to display these advertisements are intrusive and violate a user’s basic civil liberties by accessing personal information for marketing purposes without direct user knowledge. Collected information may include a user’s complete browsing activities bookmarks, and history.
[fancy_box title=”ChocolateBar by We-Care.com overview”]
- The ChocolateBar by We-Care.com extension for Google Chrome can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The ChocolateBar by We-Care.com extension for Google Chrome can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- ChocolateBar by We-Care.com bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and possible malware.
- ChocolateBar by We-Care.com can arrive on a computer system packed inside installers and downloaders from websites such as download.com, Softonic, and others.
- ChocolateBar by We-Care.com injects visited webpages with pop-up, pop-under, in-text, and in-image advertisements.
- ChocolateBar by We-Care.com makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks allowing it to run every time Windows starts and to check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has previously been disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove ChocolateBar by We-Care.com (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove ChocolateBar by We-Care.com extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall ChocolateBar by We-Care.com from Windows
- Step 3: Remove ChocolateBar by We-Care.com virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-866-521-2427
Step 1: Remove ChocolateBar by We-Care.com extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the ChocolateBar by We-Care.com extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the ChocolateBar by We-Care.com add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the ChocolateBar by We-Care.com extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall ChocolateBar by We-Care.com from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for ChocolateBar by We-Care.com and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove ChocolateBar by We-Care.com virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.