How to remove CheckMeUp (Virus Removal Guide)
This CheckMeUp removal guide will help you remove the CheckMeUp virus and uninstall malware from Windows to get rid of unwanted ads by CheckMeUp on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
What is CheckMeUp?
CheckMeUp (Check Me Up) is detected as adware by most Anti-Malware security programs and is known to get onto a computer undetected. Once installed, CheckMeUp adware will use browser objects to access user browser data and service targeted advertisements.
Associated CheckMeUp add-ons and extensions will attach to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer. These add-ons and extensions will have permissions set that allow them to view user browser data, such as activity, bookmarks, history, and more. This information is then used to submit users to marketing list or display targeted pop-up advertisements while the user browses the web.
This potentially unwanted program, sometimes referred to as the CheckMeUp virus; though, not technically a computer virus may also bundle with third-party unwanted programs, malware, and malicious traces such as non-beneficial optimization software like PC Speed Clean.
If you are experiencing ads by CheckMeUp on Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer while browsing the internet, it is highly likely that additional items are also installed and will also need to be removed to stop unwanted symptoms.
How to remove CheckMeUp (Virus Removal)
- Automatic Removal Guide
- Manual Removal Guide
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and we will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to automatically remove CheckMeUp and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, system startup up settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall CheckMeUp adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall CheckMeUp
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select ‘Programs and Features’).
2. From the Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for CheckMeUp in the list of installed programs. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove CheckMeUp add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove CheckMeUp add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the CheckMeUp extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the CheckMeUp add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the CheckMeUp add-on and remove it if located.