How to remove Celeb Wham (Removal Guide)
Celeb Wham is adware that serves pop-up, in-text, pop-under, and generic banner advertisements on the webpages you visit. Advertisements served by this adware will usually say Ads by Celeb Wham on them. This adware may bundle with malware and other potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
|Name(s)||Celeb Wham, Celeb Wham virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements and redirects in the web browser.|
|Removal Tool||Download Malware Removal Tool (Malwarebytes)|
- Advertisements in the web browser
- Redirects to sponsored webpages
- Slow and sluggish computer and internet
Celeb Wham Removal Guide
Follow the steps in this Celeb Wham removal guide to remove “Celeb Wham virus,” malware, ads by Celeb Wham, and other threats from your PC and internet browser.
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall Celeb Wham and unwanted programs
- Remove Celeb Wham and unwanted browser add-ons
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove this program is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove this program is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall Celeb Wham and unwanted programs
The third step to remove this program is to uninstall Celeb Wham and other unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for Celeb Wham in the list and double click it.
4. Once you have uninstalled Celeb Wham search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove Celeb Wham and unwanted browser add-ons
The fourth step to remove this program is to remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove this program is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.