How to remove Cause of the Month Reminder (Virus Removal Guide)
Cause of the Month Reminder virus
Cause of the Month Reminder by We-Care.com is an advertisement supported potentially unwanted program (PUP) and malware detected in the adware category of computer and internet threats by most security vendors. Cause of the Month Reminder is not technically a computer virus, but users have complained that this program and associated items share the same permissions and serve unwanted advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer by use of browser helper objects (BHOs), add-ons, and extensions without their consent.
Cause of the Month Reminder malware and associated browser attachments have permission to access and collect user information, such as a user’s complete browser activity and history. THe program can also edit these settings and change browser themes.
The collected user information is used by the program to display targeted advertisements on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer and may also be submitted to third-party mailing and marketing lists without direct permission of the user. This will result in unwanted email spam, junk mail, and telephone calls from telemarketers and other suspicious characters.
Advertisements displayed by this program are often identified by text that says something similar to “Ads by Cause of the Month Reminder;” although, pop-up advertisements may be generated by a third-party platform.
Cause of the Month Reminder can be manually downloaded and installed but has been found to bundle with additional third-party freeware. The program often installs alongside additional malware and harmless PUPs. In turn a computer user may find advertisements served from third-party platforms such as RightCoupon and other issues, including browser redirects to suspicious websites.
How to remove Cause of the Month Reminder virus
- Option 1: Cause of the Month Reminder Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Cause of the Month Reminder malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Cause of the Month Reminder – This second option details how to manually uninstall Cause of the Month Reminder and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Cause of the Month Reminder Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Cause of the Month Reminder and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Cause of the Month Reminder adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Cause of the Month Reminder and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Cause of the Month Reminder, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Cause of the Month Reminder
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Cause of the Month Reminder adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Cause of the Month Reminder
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Cause of the Month Reminder and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Cause of the Month Reminder add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Cause of the Month Reminder add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Cause of the Month Reminder extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Cause of the Month Reminder add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Cause of the Month Reminder add-on and remove it if located.