How to remove CasinoRewards (Virus Removal Guide)
CasinoRewards (also referred to as CasinoRewards virus, Casino Rewards) is advertisement-supported freeware that generates pop-up advertisements across Google’s Chromium browser, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft’s Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari internet browsers. CasinoRewards is actively included in the potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware categories of computer threats. The adware serves pop-up and targeted advertisements on the webpages that you visit that usually say “Ads by CasinoRewards” on them.
What is CasinoRewards?
CasinoRewards can be found as a program that installs through Windows Control Panel or as a browser add-on and extension. CasinoRewards, like similar adware, is promoted as a free program and web utility that allows internet and computer users to play online games and collect rewards. However, since CasinoRewards is freeware, the publishers have embedded advertisement-running script that will allow the program to perform many tasks users find undesirable, deceptive, and intrusive.
CasinoRewards serves ‘targeted’ advertisements and these particular type of advertisements are a privacy concern because they can only be produced by the adware if it has obtained access to user browsing data. User browsing data needed to generate targeted ads includes all browsing activities, bookmarks, app data, and browser history. This information is observed and used to generate advertisements it feels users are most likely to click on based off of their current and past browsing experiences and habits.
Furthermore, CasinoRewards bundles with additional unwanted programs, malware, and other possible malicious threats. This means that it might be necessary to uninstall multiple programs from Windows and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Many of these programs can not easily be found on a computer system without third-party security software.
Third-party programs and malware that can bundle with CasinoRewards adware will cause other issues aside from pop-up advertisements. Other issues include unwanted browser redirections to sponsored webpages, like Jogostempo.com, decreased computer productivity, and decreased internet speed.
CasinoRewards adware and the additional programs that it bundles with also manufacture new tasks and change existing Windows start-up settings in order to run every time the operating system starts and remain enabled if disabled by the user. Programs and browser attachments that may arrive with this deceptive piece of adware can also cause other issues for computer and internet users aside from pop-up advertisements, including browser redirections and a loss in computer functionality and internet connectivity. Furthermore, if CasinoRewards is manually removed, it is possibly that the adware or another one in its place will return before a week has passed.
How did CasinoRewards get on my computer?
CasinoRewards adware can be automatically contracted without consent or knowledge of the computer user through third-party programs and files that have remained undetected on the infected computer system. The potentially unwanted programs and files that deliver the adware are usually contracted without user consent alongside freeware, shareware, torrent files, and other free downloadable content.
Additionally, computer and internet users who seek to download and install free programs and files online may be presented with an opportunity to accept or decline a ‘custom’ offer to install CasinoRewards adware and other programs during the setup and installation process. However, the request to decline CasinoRewards adware from installing is often presented in a very confusing manner. In some cases, the download manager may completely ignore the user request to decline CasinoRewards from installing and the adware will install against user consent and knowledge.
[fancy_box title=”CasinoRewards overview”]
- The CasinoRewards add-on can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The CasinoRewards add-on can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- CasinoRewards bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and possible malware.
- CasinoRewards is usually packed inside installers and downloaders from websites such as download.com, Softonic, and others.
- CasinoRewards injects visited webpages with pop-up, in-text, and in-image advertisements.
- CasinoRewards makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove CasinoRewards (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove CasinoRewards extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall CasinoRewards from Windows
- Step 3: Remove CasinoRewards virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove CasinoRewards extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the CasinoRewards extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the CasinoRewards add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the CasinoRewards extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall CasinoRewards from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for CasinoRewards and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove CasinoRewards virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.