How to remove Candle Jar (Virus Removal Guide)
Candle Jar virus
Candle Jar by The Results Hub (also known as Candle Jar virus) is an intrusive browser add-on and extension for Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari that changes your existing internet browser settings in order to cause browser redirects to sponsored webpages such as search-simple.com. Candle Jar bundles with programs and files that are detected by reputable security software as potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and malware. These programs sneak the Candle Jar add-on onto affected internet browsers, usually without user knowledge.
Candle Jar also displays unwanted advertisements while users browse the web. Candle Jar ads can be delivered as generic banners and skyscrapers, in-text ads, pop-up ads, and pop-under ads. Ads by Candle Jar are also served across multiple internet browsers.
The “Candle Jar virus” is not technically defined as a computer virus, it’s just a term that many use to identify the deceptive and intrusive program. However, the browser attachments and programs it associates with are still a threat to your privacy or the sign of a severe malware infection since this item bundles with additional malicious software.
The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Candle Jar if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any malicious files.
[fancy_box title=”Candle Jar overview”]
- The Candle Jar extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The Candle Jar extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- Candle Jar bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Candle Jar is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Candle Jar injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Candle Jar makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Candle Jar (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Candle Jar with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Candle Jar
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Candle Jar with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.Download “Candle Jar” removal tool
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Candle Jar we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Candle Jar.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Candle Jar
How to uninstall Candle Jar
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Candle Jar in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Candle Jar to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Candle Jar in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Candle Jar below.[/note]
How to remove Candle Jar add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Candle Jar extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Candle Jar add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Candle Jar extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Candle Jar in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Candle Jar below.[/note]
Tips to remove Candle Jar
- If you do not find Candle Jar in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Candle Jar you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411