What is CamStudio?
CamStudio is a very questionable free open source program that is known to be supported by deceptive and intrusive advertisements and malicious software installers. This program has quite a wrap sheet. In 2013 and 2014 it was noted that malicious code had been contained in some binaries of the software and that their official website was infected with the Artemis!0FEA2B12900D trojan. This type of behavior has not changed since. The program is still known to contain malware and bundle with potentially unwanted programs and adware such as Crazy Score.
CamStudio is a threat to your privacy and possibly a sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove CamStudio if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any malicious files.
The program can be manually downloaded from a variety of locations on the web. It is not recommended to download CamStudio.
[fancy_box title=”CamStudio overview”]
- The CamStudio extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The CamStudio extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- CamStudio bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- CamStudio is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- CamStudio injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- CamStudio makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove CamStudio (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove CamStudio with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove CamStudio
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove CamStudio with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “CamStudio” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing CamStudio we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove CamStudio.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove CamStudio
How to uninstall CamStudio
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for CamStudio in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click CamStudio to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find CamStudio in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove CamStudio below.[/note]
How to remove CamStudio add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the CamStudio extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the CamStudio add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the CamStudio extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find CamStudio in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove CamStudio below.[/note]
Tips to remove CamStudio
- If you do not find CamStudio in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing CamStudio you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411.