- ByteFence Anti-Malware is detected by multiple Antivirus programs as a potentially unwanted programs and adware.
- The program has a bad online reputation: According to many YouTube users the program installs without your consent, is difficult to remove, and causes your computer to lag.
- The publisher utilizes questionable marketing practices: The program is advertised by adware and malware. The publisher also employs unethical advertising networks to display ads on prohibited websites.
- The program can bundle with malware, adware, spyware, and other threats.
According to Google’s virustotal.com website ByteFence Anti-Malware by ByteFence Technologies LLC is detected by Antivirus programs as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (a reputable Antimalware program) will detect ByteFence as PUP.Optional.ByteFence, Tencent programs will detect it as Net.Risk.Adware.Twcwc, and TrendMicro-HouseCall will detect it as Suspicious_GEN.F47V0409.
The file used to install ByteFence named bytefence-installer_3.8.0 (or other) can be analysed for free on the virustotal.com website. The detections for the application’s executable file will be shown in a detailed list of Antivirus and other security type programs. The current detection ratio for ByteFence is 3/57 which is considered potentially threatening.
In March of 2015 we published a video on YouTube titled “How to uninstall ByteFence by ByteFence Technologies.” The video show you how to remove ByteFence through Windows Control Panel. The video is popular for a standard “uninstall” video which means that the public has interest in removing this program and finding solutions to remove it.
The public comments made on the YouTube video from those affected by the ByteFence program indicate that many people did not know that ByteFence was installed on their computers. Many people claim that ByteFence gets installed without your consent.
They also claim that the program will trigger pop-up notifications at random times which can disrupt other programs you are using and drain system resources. This suggests that ByteFence might cause your computer to lag or become slow and sluggish – and even crash.
Others comments state that the program cannot be found in Windows Control Panel or that it will not eradication after it is uninstalled from the Control Panel. This suggests that ByteFence might be difficult to uninstall.
ByteFence utilizes questionable marketing campaigns and aggressive advertising networks. The program is often offered by malicious software bundlers, dubious software updates, and other potentially unwanted programs as a custom install before installation. In many cases, if the user declines to install ByteFence the software bundler will install the program without permission.
Third-party bundlers that install this program can also download and install other potentially unwanted programs, malware, adware, spyware, and malicious threats. If you found ByteFence installed on your computer without your consent it is possible that your computer is infected with malware and other threats that should be removed immediately.
The program is also advertised by adware, malware, and potentially unwanted programs. If your computer is infected with third-party adware or malicious programs your internet browser might launch and open on ByteFence advertisements and the publisher’s website.
The program is advertised as an advanced malware protection platform designed to secure your computer from malware, trojans, spyware and adware. The program is available as a free download from the publisher’s website without third-party interruption. Although the program is promoted as a “free download” the program is not actually free to use. It is only a free trial that will that does not have a clear expiration date.
In the past, the program would automatically change the homepage and default search engine of each internet browser installed onto the machine. This would cause internet browsers to open on a ByteFence search engine (search.bytefence.com) and redirect to the website when a search is performed in the address bar or omni box.
Uninstall ByteFence Anti-Malware
- Right-click Windows start menu and select Programs and Features or open the start menu and go to the Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Find the program you want to uninstall in the list of installed programs and double-click it to begin the uninstall process.
Remove ByteFence with Malwarebytes
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
Remove ByteFence with HitmanPro
- Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
- Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
- Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
- On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
- Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
- Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
Clean up and fix issues with CCleaner
- Open your browser window and download CCleaner Professional or CCleaner Free.
- Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
- Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
- Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
- Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
- When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
- Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
- When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
- Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
- Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.