How to remove Buzzing Dhol (Virus Removal Guide)
Buzzing Dhol virus
Buzzing Dhol virus is the name of a malicious program that is usually accidentally installed by users alongside other threats. The program is primarily distributed by deceptive and malicious software bundlers that will also download other malicious programs onto the infected machine. One software bundler that spreads Buzzing Dhol malware utilizes fake Windows notifications that take up the entire screen and claims that a software release pack is available to download.
Once Buzzing Dhol is installed it will display pop-up and in-text advertisements on the webpages you visit in your browser. Buzzing Dhol ads can usually be identified by text on them that say “Ads By Buzzing Dhol” on the bottom corner. The adware will also display fake Windows messages on a blue screen that claim your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. The blue screen takes up the entire browser window and supports a rogue tech-support company.
Buzzing Dhol Distribution Method
Buzzing Dhol bundles with other programs and files that are downloaded from a questionable source. The program is usually introduced by a malicious software bundler that will continuously download malware and unwanted programs onto the machine it infects. Downloading objects online like freeware and torrent files can result in potentially unwanted programs infecting the user’s system. Even if a program is well known and trustworthy, if you download it from a malicious site it can lead to a computer infection.
If the computer user has previously downloaded a malicious program, Buzzing Dhol adware might have automatically downloaded in the background without disclosure. The user might also be tricked into accepting the download under the guise of a program update or something else. Malicious publishers sometimes hide the download behind a terms and conditions page, effectively tricking users into downloading adware. In some instances Buzzing Dhol may be advertised as an extension to improve the user’s browsing experience in order to encourage a direct download. Regardless of how the system was infected, removal remains relatively unchanged.
Buzzing Dhol Details
|Names||Buzzing Dhol, Buzzing Dhol virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Symptoms||Advertisements in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Path||C:\Program Files (x86)\Buzzing Dhol|
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
How to remove Buzzing Dhol (Virus Removal Guide)
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall Buzzing Dhol and unwanted programs
- Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. Once the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. Once the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall Buzzing Dhol and unwanted programs
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for Buzzing Dhol in the list of installed programs and double click it to initiate the manual uninstall process.
4. Once you have uninstalled Buzzing Dhol, search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove unwanted add-ons and extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.