The BUYUNLOCKCODE virus is a term used to identify dangerous ransomware that has been spreading through Europe and the United States. The BUYUNLOCKCODE virus runs and generates a unique public RSA-2048 key and a private RSA key and encrypts computer files that match the .xls, .doc, .pdf, .rtf, .psd, .dwg, .cdr, .cd, .mdb, .1cd, .dbf, .sqlite, .jpg, and .zip file extensions.
The BUYUNLOCKCODE virus takes control of an infected computer system and encrypts personal files. It restricts access to a computer system and will leave a message on the infected computer’s desktop, open a webpage with a message, or leave a text (BUYUNLOCKCODE.txt) file demanding the computer owner pay a ransom or purchase BUYUNLOCKCODE decryption software using Bitcoins or other online credit system.
The alert message displayed by BUYUNLOCKCODE ransomware might say “Your files have been safely encrypted on this PC: photos, videos, documents, etc. Click “Show encrypted files” Button to view a complete list of encrypted files and you can personally verify this.” The message will be delivered in a new window, webpage, or text file.
Victims of the virus who pay the fine and follow the instructions on the message might be able to restore their personal files and remove the ransomware, but it is not suggested to do so. Instead, malware analysts suggest to first use various procedures and third-party computer security software to remove the BUYUNLOCKCODE virus and similar ransomware. Paying the ransom may actually cause further issues for some computer users.
How to remove BUYUNLOCKCODE (Virus Removal Instructions)
1. We strongly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to scan your computer for BUYUNLOCKCODE malware and malicious files.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files and restart your computer.
Ransomware usually infects 1 user account on Windows systems at a time. Here are some tips to remove ransomware by using different user accounts.
- Log into an account not affected by malware (with administrative rights) and perform a scan with reputable software to detect and remove malware.
- You can also delete the infected account.
- Other options include creating a new user account to remove malware if only 1 Window’s user account is present on the computer system.
Safe Mode With Networking can be used to access the Internet for updates, drivers, removal software, or other files if internet and network connectivity is compromised.