How to remove BrowseSmart (Virus Removal Guide)
BrowseSmart (also searched for as BrowseSmart virus, Browse Smart) is detected as a potentially unwanted program and adware by reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware type programs. BrowserSmart is known to be intrusive and can get onto your computer without your consent or knowledge. It is primarily used to display deceptive advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari while you browse the web. Advertisements displayed by this adware will usually say Ads by BrowseSmart, BrowseSmart Ads, or brought by BrowseSmart on them.
BrowseSmart ads are defined as ‘targeted’ style advertisements. This specific type of advertisement is intrusive because they can only be produced if the adware has obtained enough information about your browsing habits to target you with specific ads. BrowseSmart adware will need to access your browsing data, including all of your activities, your bookmarks, and browser history to generate these types of advertisements. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off of your past and current browsing habits.
This adware is sometimes referred to as the BrowseSmart virus; However, this adware is not technically defined as a computer virus. Although this adware is not defined as a computer virus it is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove BrowseSmart if you find it installed on your computer or attached to affected internet browsers as a browser add-on or extension. Furthermore, it is recommended to use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files that may arrive on your computer alongside this adware.
[fancy_box title=”BrowseSmart overview”]
- BrowseSmart bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- BrowseSmart is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- BrowseSmart injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- BrowseSmart makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove BrowseSmart
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Uninstall BrowseSmart
- Step 2: Remove BrowseSmart virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Uninstall BrowseSmart
How to uninstall BrowseSmart
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4. Search for BrowseSmart in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click BrowseSmart to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find BrowseSmart in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
How to remove BrowseSmart add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the BrowseSmart extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the BrowseSmart add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the BrowseSmart extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find BrowseSmart in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it.[/note]
Step 2: Remove BrowseSmart virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “BrowseSmart” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing BrowseSmart we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove existing files.[/note]
BrowseSmart virus removal tips
- If you do not find BrowseSmart in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs might include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing BrowseSmart you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats and fix damaged settings.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411