How to remove BrowserModifier (Virus Removal)
BrowserModifier (BrowserModifier virus, Browser Modifier) is advertisement-supported freeware that ‘modifies’ existing internet browser settings in order to cause browser redirects to sponsored webpages. BrowserModifier is classified as adware due to serving pop-up advertisements and causing additional issues for internet users, including decreased internet connectivity and browser performance.
BrowserModifier is adware that takes advantage of targeted advertisements. It generously serves a large quantity of targeted advertisements based off user browsing activities, bookmarks, and history that it collects. BrowserModifier and programs that it may bundle with often have permission to access and collect user browsing data after install.
Sometimes referred to as the BrowserModifier virus, BrowserModifier is technically not a computer virus; However, this adware may act similar to malicious parasites and may bundle with programs that provide a larger threat.
How to remove BrowserModifier virus
This BrowserModifier removal guide will help you completely remove the BrowserModifier virus, potentially unwanted programs, uninstall BrowserModifier malware, and get rid of ads by BrowserModifier on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall BrowserModifier
- Step 4: Remove BrowserModifier browser attachments
- Step 5: For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing BrowserModifier. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall BrowserModifier using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall BrowserModifier
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for BrowserModifier. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove BrowserModifier browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the BrowserModifier extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the BrowserModifier add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the BrowserModifier add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.