How to remove BrowserAdditions (Virus Removal Guide)
The BrowserAdditions virus (also found as Browser Additions virus) is a broad term many use to identify this problematic program. However, BrowserAdditions is not technically defined as a computer virus though many can argue the program may share the same traits, annoyances, and ultimate characteristics. This potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) is actually detected as adware because it utilizes browser helper objects, add-ons, and extensions to serve cross-browser and specific user targeted advertisements.
Furthermore, potential BrowserAdditions malware frequently installs alongside other unwanted programs that will cause different issues for users, including unwarranted browser redirects and decreased browsing and computing performance and functionality. In order to stop all unwanted symptoms it may be necessary to uninstall and remove additional programs and disable browser attachments masked with different titles and published by different publishers.
The most relevant symptom of the BrowserAdditions virus are pop-up advertisements. This program, alongside browser add-ons and extensions can access sensitive user browsing data (complete browsing activities, browser history, bookmarks, themes, apps,) and will use the information to display ads it feels the user is susceptible to click on. These programs may even change or control user browser settings and native applications.
This BrowserAdditions removal guide provides steps to remove the BrowserAdditions virus in order to get rid of ads by BrowserAdditions on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, as well as other potential malware and adware.
How to remove BrowserAdditions
1. Automatic Removal Guide
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings that have been changed during this infection. It can also fix system startup up settings and help uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
How to uninstall BrowserAdditions
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled BrowserAdditions. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove BrowserAdditions add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the BrowserAdditions extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the BrowserAdditions add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the BrowserAdditions add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. If the button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.