How to remove Browser Secure (Virus Removal Guide)
Browser Secure (also searched for as Browser Secure virus, BrowserSecure) is a potentially unwanted program that is known to cause many problems for computer users. This is why most reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs will detect and remove this program. The Browser Secure program is primarily used to serve deceptive advertisements while you browse the web. Ads displayed by this adware will typically say Ads by Browser Secure, Browser Secure Ads, or brought by Browser Secure on them.
What is Browser Secure?
Browser Secure is advertised as a free program and web utility that can help keep your internet footprint secure while you browse the web. It claims to block malicious websites and keep you safe online. Despite these claims the program is flagged by Antivirus engines for being deceptive and intrusive.
Potential Browser Secure malware generates pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by Browser Secure are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
Browser Secure adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Browser Secure if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
Browser Secure and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Browser Secure is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Browser Secure adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”Browser Secure overview”]
- Browser Secure bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Browser Secure is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- Browser Secure injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Browser Secure makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Browser Secure
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Browser Secure virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Browser Secure
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Browser Secure virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Browser Secure” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Browser Secure we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Browser Secure.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Browser Secure
How to uninstall Browser Secure
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Browser Secure in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Browser Secure to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Browser Secure in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Browser Secure below.[/note]
How to remove Browser Secure add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Browser Secure extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Browser Secure add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Browser Secure extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Browser Secure in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Browser Secure below.[/note]
Browser Secure virus removal tips
- If you do not find Browser Secure in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Browser Secure you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411