Box for You virus
Box for You virus is a term commonly used to describe a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware. Box for You adware is primarily used to access a PC without user knowledge, collect user browsing data, and inject the webpages you visit with deceptive and intrusive advertisements. Ads by Box for You arrive in different forms. Box for You ads can be delivered as generic banner and skyscrapers, in-text ads, pop-up ads, and pop-under ads. Ads by Box for You are also served across multiple internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Box for You if you find it installed onto your computer system or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension.
[fancy_box title=”Box for You overview”]
- The Box for You extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The Box for You extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- Box for You bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Box for You is usually packed inside installers and downloaders from websites such as download.com, softonic.com, and others.
- Box for You injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Box for You makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Box for You (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Box for You with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Box for You
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Box for You with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Box for You” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Box for You we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Box for You.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Box for You
How to uninstall Box for You
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Box for You in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Box for You to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Box for You in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Box for You below.[/note]
How to remove Box for You add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Box for You extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Box for You add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Box for You extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Box for You in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Box for You below.[/note]
Tips to remove Box for You
- If you do not find Box for You in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Box for You you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411