BowsrApVr3.5 is a potentially unwanted program and adware that serves pop-up advertisements across Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Advertisements displayed by this adware usually say “Ads by BowsrApVr3.5” or “Powered by BowsrApVr3.5” on them.
Furthermore, potential BowsrApVr3.5 malware downloads and installs alongside third-party malware, malicious files, and additional potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including Browse Pax and Cinemax Plus. In order to remove BowsrApVr3.5 and stop all unwanted activities it might be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions.
The BowsrApVr3.5 extension and browser attachments that it may bundle with have permissions set allowing them to perform tasks users may find undesirable. These permissions are listed below.
- BowsrApVr3.5 can read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- BowsrApVr3.5 can read and change your browsing history.
- BowsrApVr3.5 can manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- BowsrApVr3.5 can manage your downloads.
How does BowsrApVr3.5 get on a computer?
BowsrApVr3.5 adware is usually downloaded and installed without knowledge alongside free downloadable content from a variety of locations on the web. Free downloadable content includes freeware, shareware, torrents, email attachments, and more.
Sometimes users may be given the choice to accept or decline an offer to install BowsrApVr3.5 adware and similar products during the installation process of third-party freeware; However, the user request to decline the program from installing can be ignored by the program or presented in a confusing manner.
In some cases, BowsrApVr3.5 and other unwanted programs are deceptively promoted through questionable advertisements. These advertisements may be dishonest, misleading, and cause the program to automatically download and install once clicked on.
How to remove BowsrApVr3.5
- Step 1: Remove BowsrApVr3.5 add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall BowsrApVr3.5
- Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove BowsrApVr3.5 add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon on the menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the BowsrApVr3.5 extension and other suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the BowsrApVr3.5 add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Step 2: Uninstall BowsrApVr3.5
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for BowsrApVr3.5 and other unwanted programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.