How to remove “BlpMovies” (Removal Guide)
BlpMovies is the name of a browser extension that is recognized as deceptive and potentially malicious by our research team and other reputable sources. BlpMovies will make unwanted modifications to existing internet browser settings once it has been installed. The BlpMovies browser extension will replace the existing homepage with blpsearch.com. This will cause affected web browsers to start-up on the webpage when a new browser window is opened. The extension will also remove the current new tab page and default search engine which will cause new tabs to open on blpsearch.com and web searches via the address bar to redirect to the website as well.
The website promoted by the BlpMovies extension contains sponsored search results and advertisements. This is why browser extensions like this are often considered adware. The browser extension is also known to be deceptive and illusive. It can utilize deceptive marketing tactics in order to trick users into installing it. In some cases, the browser extension may be installed without user knowledge and consent.
Advertisements generated by this extension or another program that it may bundle with or be promoted alongside will arrive on an infected computer system inside the web browser. The ads can affect Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, and other web browsers. Ads can be shown as generic pop-ups, pop-under ads that take up an entire browser window, and in-text advertisements that appear when you hover your mouse over hyperlinked text on a webpage.
Like most adware-type infections and disreputable browser extensions, the BlpMovies extension primarily bundles with other programs that are downloaded by the user with out without consent. The most common way this happens is by downloading a program or file from a questionable distributor. Downloading items online such as freeware and torrent files will result in potentially unwanted programs infecting the user’s system. Even if a program is well known and trustworthy, downloading it from a malicious site will lead to infection.
If the computer user has recently downloaded a malicious program, BlpMovies adware might have automatically downloaded in the background without permission or knowledge of the user. The user might also be tricked into accepting the download under the guise of a program update. Malicious authors often hide the download behind a terms and conditions page, effectively tricking users into downloading adware. In some instances BlpMovies may be advertised as an extension to improve the user’s browsing experience in order to encourage a direct download. Regardless of how the system was infected, removal remains relatively unchanged.
|Name||BlpMovies, BlpMovies virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Publisher Description||Search the web!|
|Symptoms||Advertisements in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
How to remove BlpMovies (Removal Instructions)
The BlpMovies removal instructions on this webpage will help you completely remove BlpMovies, viruses, malware, and rogue extensions from your browser and computer.
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall BlpMovies and unwanted programs
- Remove BlpMovies extension
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove BlpMovies and other threats from your computer is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove BlpMovies and other threats from your computer is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall BlpMovies and unwanted programs
The third step to BlpMovies and other threats from your computer is to uninstall unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel that may have bundled with this extension.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for BlpMovies Supporting Application in the list and double click it.
4. Once you have uninstalled BlpMovies, search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove BlpMovies extension
The fourth step is to remove the BlpMovies extension from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the BlpMovies extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the BlpMovies add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the BlpMovies add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the BlpMovies extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove BlpMovies and other threats from your computer is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.