Youresponsive.com is a deceptive website that engages in a blackhat SEO tactic known as referrer spam. Youresponsive.com referrer spam sets aim at your Google Analytics reports and fills your website’s reports with fraudulent referral traffic from various URLs that forward to youresponsive.com such as responsive-test.net. Your Google Analytics reports may also show referral traffic from youresponsive.com.
Youresponsive.com referral traffic is designed to make it appear as if someone was referred to your website from youresponsive.com in order to persuade you to visit the url. Youresponsive.com referral traffic does not actually land on your website. It is a type of website traffic known as ghost traffic that only targets your Google Analytics reports with fraudulent data. Youresponsive.com referral traffic may also appear land on your website at a nonexistent path such as: /?from=http://youresponsive.com/ and other locations.
The good thing is that youresponsive.com referral traffic cannot harm your website or your website’s rank in Google search results pages. However, it can ruin your website’s analytical data measured by Google Analytics. In some cases, referrer spam from bots and crawlers can use your bandwidth and create backlinks in your website’s access logs, but this is not the case with youresponsive.com referral traffic since it utilizes ghost traffic to create faux data in your analytical reports.
Youresponsive.com referral traffic can be a bad thing for people who value their website’s appropriate data. If value your website’s ‘real’ data you will want to block youresponsive.com referral spam from mixing into your website’s analytical data before it gets out-of-control. For example, the youresponsive.com referral typically “lands” on a single webpage on your website and leave your website from the same webpage. This creates a 100% bounce rate and if this happens multiple times per day it can be catastrophic for your real bounce rate. This is not the only data affected by youresponsive.com referral spam. Data that this domain name and referrer spam from other spam URLs such as website-analyzer.info can affect includes pretty much every detail measured in Google Analytics Audience, Acquisition, Behavior, and Conversions reports.
Youresponsive.com referrer spammers and referrer spammers in general target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
What is Youresponsive.com?
Youresponsive.com is a website that promotes a service that allows users to view how their website appears in multiple devices such as ipads and iphones. Even though the website is safe and does what it is promoted to do spam is a serious issue and the people behind referrer spam websites are desperate enough to promote their services at the expense of other people and their website’s data. Therefor websites that engage in the referrer spam tactic should never be trusted.
Block Youresponsive.com Referral in Google Analytics
This guide shows you how to block youresponsive.com referrals in Google Analytics with a filter that stops youresponsive.com referrer spam at the campaign source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add youresponsive.com or something you can easily remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add youresponsive.com and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple URLs to the same filter you can make a Filter Pattern similar to this with a | between each URL: example.com | youresponsive.com