Site42773801.snip.to a referrer spam URLs associated with the snip.to domain. This URL targets your website’s analytical data measured by Google Analytics. Referrer spam from this URL can essentially ruin your analytical data with deceptive and fraudulent referral traffic that never actually lands on your website called ghost traffic. You may have noticed an increase in site42773801.snip.to referral traffic in your Google Analytics account. The URL is designed to promote websites that spammers want you and other people to visit. At this time, the spam URL forwards to sharebutton.to and other webpages.
Site42773801.snip.to referrer spam and referrer spam in general from other URLs like copyrightclaims.org is a growing problem for many webmasters, website owners, and anyone who values their website’s appropriate analytical data. Referrer spam can ruin website data measured by Google Analytics. The website data it can affect includes everything measured in the Audience, Acquisition, and Behavior areas as calculated by Google Analytics. For example, Site42773801.snip.to referrer spam can destroy your bounce rate because the spam URL typically only lands on a single webpage on your website and leaves your website from the same webpage. Referrer spam can also hit your website from sources around the world, from various resources, and more.
What is Site42773801.snip.to?
Site42773801.snip.to is a domain name used to hit your website with nonexistent referral traffic from different locations around the world using traffic bots, computers infected with malicious software, and other blackhat SEO tactics. The benefits that referral spammers have by engaging in referrer spamming is that it will allow them advertise the website they want people to visit and it will improve the spammers search engine ranking by creating backlinks to their website off your website’s access log.
The downside to unwanted Site42773801.snip.to referral traffic for website owners is that it can mess up the appropriate Google Analytics data and other website metrics provided by third-party services. In some cases it can also use up your website’s bandwidth by creating repeated site requests. However, this is not the case with this URL since it primarily generates ghost hits that do not actually land on your website.
Spammers target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a webpage and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google bot and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
Site42773801.snip.to referrer spam is not entirely dangerous to your website. It will most likely not cause any trouble with how your website is accessed by your visitors or ranked by Google. However, in some cases referrer spam may use up your website’s bandwidth and CPU by creating multiple site requests to your website. In other cases, the spam URL is served to your analytical data by traffic bots which create ghost hits and never actually land on your website, which happens to be the case with this URL. They often target your GA ID number.
How to block Site42773801.snip.to referral spam in Google Analytics
To block Site42773801.snip.to referral spam in Google Analytics follow the instructions below to create an exclude filter that focuses on the Campaign Source. This filter will exclude the URL from your analytical data. While you’re at it you can also exclude all hits from known bots and spiders in Google Analytics.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add Site42773801.snip.to as the Filter Name or create a filter name you can easily remember.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add site42773801.snip.to and click the Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add more URLs you can add a Filter Pattern such as: snip.to | site42773801.snip.to | sharebutton.to