Block Mddhosting.com Referral in Google Analytics
If you notice Mddhosting.com referral traffic in your Google Analytics data do not be alarmed. Several legitimate web hosting websites are under fire by referrer spammers and Mddhosting.com is one of them. Others include Hostgator.com, Siteground.com, and a few more. Spammers have recently been trying to ruin the reputation of competitors by spamming their websites in Google Analytics reports across the world. If your Google Analytics account and particular website has been targeted by spammers you will notice an increase in referral traffic from Mddhosting.com and other similar websites.
Referrer spam is usually designed to promote a website spammers want you to visit. They will mix fraudulent web data into your Google Analytics reports in order to get your attention and persuade you to visit their websites. However, sometimes referrer spam and things like Google bombing are done to hurt the reputation of competition. This is the case here. Web hosting companies like Hostgator (which we use) and Mddhosting have absolutely no purpose to spam Google Analytics reports. They are well established web hosting companies.
Referrer spam is essentially harmless to your website but it can ruin your real Google Analytics data. For example, it can negatively affect your bounce rate because the spam URL will appear to land on a single webpage on your website and leave your website from the same webpage. This will create a 100% rate and if this occurs numerous times each day your bounce rate can be very high.
Mddhosting.com referral traffic does not actually land on your website. It is a type of traffic called ghost traffic that simply sets aim at your Google Analytics account and random websites across the world.
Block Mddhosting.com referral traffic in Google Analytics
This guide shows you how to block Mddhosting.com referrals in Google Analytics with a filter that stops Mddhosting.com referrer spam at the campaign source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add Mddhosting.com or something you can easily remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add Mddhosting.com and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple URLs to the same filter you can make a Filter Pattern similar to this with a | between each URL: example.com | Mddhosting.com