The reputation of several reputable web hosting websites is under attack by referrer spammers and Kvcwebhost.com might or might not be one of them. I’ll admit, I have never heard of Kvcwebhost.com before and am unaware of how popular or unpopular they are.
Referrer spammers have recently been trying to ruin the reputation of possible competitors by spamming fake referral traffic of well-established web hosting providers into people’s Google Analytics reports. Websites like Godaddy.com and Hostgator.com are currently under fire by spammers. If your Google Analytics account has been targeted by referrer spammers at random you will notice an increase in referral traffic from Kvcwebhost.com and web hosting websites.
Referrer spam is usually designed to promote a website spammers want you to visit. They will mix fraudulent web data into your Google Analytics reports in order to get your attention and persuade you to visit their websites. However, sometimes referrer spam and things like Google bombing are done to hurt the reputation of competition. This may or may not be the case with Kvcwebhost.com. Web hosting companies like Hostgator (which we use) and GoDaddy have absolutely no purpose to spam Google Analytics reports. They are well established web hosting companies.
Referrer spam is essentially harmless to your website but it can ruin your real Google Analytics data. For example, it can negatively affect your bounce rate because the spam URL will appear to land on a single webpage on your website and leave your website from the same webpage. This will create a 100% rate and if this occurs numerous times each day your bounce rate can be very high.
Kvcwebhost.com referral traffic does not actually land on your website. It is a type of traffic called ghost traffic that simply sets aim at your Google Analytics account and random websites across the world.
Block Kvcwebhost.com referral spam in Google Analytics
This guide shows you how to block Kvcwebhost.com referrals in Google Analytics by creating a filter that stops excludes Kvcwebhost.com referrer spam at the campaign source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add Kvcwebhost.com or something you can easily remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add Kvcwebhost.com and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple URLs to the same filter you can make a Filter Pattern similar to this with a | between each URL: example.com | Kvcwebhost.com