Ilovevitaly.xyz referral spam in Google Analytics can be an issue for anyone who values their website’s real data. Ilovevitaly.xyz referrals are designed to mix fraudulent web traffic data into Google Analytics reports. It is a tactic known as referrer spam. This URL is one of the latest referrer spam URLs used to promote ilovevitaly.com.
If you notice ilovevitaly.xyz referrals in Google Analytics it does not mean that anyone was referred to your website from ilovevitaly.xyz. The referral traffic does not actually land on your website. It is a type of web traffic known as ghost traffic that creates phantom web hits. The spammer will also try to make it appear as if someone was referred to your website on a page on this domain. Two examples of these paths are forum.topic28709263.ilovevitaly.xyz and forum.topic60404118.ilovevitaly.xyz.
The reason why this website is spamming your Google Analytics data is to obtain attention and provoke you to visit the URL in your browser. The website that ilovevitaly.xyz forwards to ilovevitaly.com.
Ilovevitaly.xyz Google Analytics referrer spam can ruin your website’s analytical data measured by Google Analytics. It can affect most of the data in your reports with fake web traffic and data. For example, ilovevitaly.xyz referrals will appear to land on a single webpage on your website and leave from the same website, which will create a 100% bounce rate. If your website is targeted by referrer spammers you may not be able to identify your website’s bounce rate. The same can be said about other data measured in most Google Analytics reports.
How to block ilovevitaly.xyz with an exclude filter
Stop ilovevitaly.xyz referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter to block ilovevitaly.xyz referrer spam at the campaign source. This is the method recommended by Google to block referrer spam in your Google Analytics account.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab> Cick Filters on the right side in the VIEW section.
2. Click the + ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add ilovevitaly.xyz or something you can easily remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add ilovevitaly.xyz and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple URLs to the same filter you can make a Filter Pattern similar to this with a | between each URL: example.com | ilovevitaly.xyz